Office of the Superintendent
Dr. Margie Pulley
662-363-2811, Ext. 9231
Our focus is Teaching, Learnnig, and Safety
The vision of the Tunica County School District is:
To ensure that all students are prepared to meet college and career-ready standards
The mission of the Tunica County School District is:
- To provide strong instructional leadership;
- Research-based instructional strategies;
- High-quality professional development,
- Build parent and community partnerships, to ensure that all students are college and career ready.
The goals of the Tunica County School District are:
1. To improve student achievement; (All schools and the district shall achieve at least a “C” rating)
Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient on all state assessments;
Increase the percentage of students meeting growth on all state assessments;
Increase the percentage of students who pass the 3rd-grade reading assessment at the first administration of the test;
Decrease the percentage of students scoring levels 1-3 on all state assessments
2. To maintain clearance of all process standards
Continue to monitor implementation of all process standards.
3. To ensure that every student graduates high school and is college & career ready;
Monitor and evaluate student pathways to graduation;
Increase the percentage of students meeting ACT benchmarks in each content area
Increase the number of students participating in and passing AP courses
Offer dual-enrollment classes and ACT prep courses.
4. Encourage parent and community involvement
Establish partnerships to inform, invite, and include parents in activities and the decision-making process. Collaborate with Advisory School Board on policies and procedures for Tunica County School District to ensure a smooth transition back to local control..
5. Promote health, wellness and safety at all school sites:
The school district will follow all CDC, federal, state, and local guidelines regarding communicable diseases.