Dear Parents/Legal Guardian:
In accordance with ESEA Section 1111(h)(6) PARENTS RIGHT-TO-KNOW, the Tunica County School District is notifying every parent of a student in a Title I school that you have the right and may request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher. This information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher include, at a minimum, the following:
- Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition to the information that parents may request, a school that receives funds under this part shall provide to each individual parent the following:
- Information on the level of achievement of the parent's child in each of the State academic assessments as required under this part; and
- Timely notice that the parent's child has been assigned, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks, by a teacher who is not highly qualified.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Derrick Dace, Federal Programs Director, at 662-363-2811.
Dr. Margie Pulley, Interim Superintendent