OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
Dr. Margie Pulley
662-363-2811, Ext. 9231
FOCUS, VISION, MISSION, & GOALS
Teaching and Learning
The vision of the Tunica County School District is to ensure that all students are prepared to meet college and career ready standards
The mission of the Tunica County School District is:
- To provide strong instructional leadership;
- Research-based instructional strategies;
- High-quality professional development,;
Build parent and community partnerships, to ensure that all students are college and career ready.
The goals of the Tunica County School District are:
- To improve student achievement; (All schools shall achieve at least a “C” rating) Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient on all state assessments; Increase the percentage of students meeting growth on all state assessments; Increase the percentage of students who pass the 3rd grade reading assessment at the first administration of the test; Decrease the percentage of students scoring levels 1-3 on all state assessments
- To maintain clearance of all process standards Continue to monitor implementation of all process standards.
- To ensure that every student graduates high school and is college & career ready; Monitor and evaluate student pathways to graduation; Increase the percentage of students meeting ACT benchmarks in each content area Increase the number of students participating in and passing AP courses Offer dual-enrollment classes and ACT prep courses.
- Encourage parent and community involvement Establish partnerships to inform, invite, and include parents in activities and the decision-making process.
Upcoming Events for the Month of November 2020
- Regular Superintendent’s Meeting will be held on Thursday, November 12, 2020 (Tentative) in the Tunica Elementary School’s Auditorium @ 12:00 p.m.
- November 23rd-27th, 2020 (Thanksgiving Break) District Closed