OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
Dr. Margie Pulley
662-363-2811, Ext. 9231
FOCUS, VISION, MISSION, & GOALS
Teaching and Learning
The vision of the Tunica County School District is to ensure that all students are prepared to meet college and career-ready standards
The mission of the Tunica County School District is:
- To provide strong instructional leadership;
- Research-based instructional strategies;
- High-quality professional development;
Build parent and community partnerships, to ensure that all students are college and career ready.
The goals of the Tunica County School District are:
- To improve student achievement; (All schools shall achieve at least a “C” rating) Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient on all state assessments; Increase the percentage of students meeting growth on all state assessments; Increase the percentage of students who pass the 3rd Grade reading assessment at the first administration of the test; Decrease the percentage of students scoring levels 1-3 on all state assessments
- To maintain clearance of all process standards Continue to monitor implementation of all process standards.
- To ensure that every student graduates high school and is college & career ready; Monitor and evaluate student pathways to graduation; Increase the percentage of students meeting ACT benchmarks in each content area Increase the number of students participating in and passing AP courses Offer dual-enrollment classes and ACT prep courses.
- Encourage parent and community involvement Establish partnerships to inform, invite, and include parents in activities and the decision-making process.