TIPS FOR SCHOOL BUS STUDENT RIDERS
- Be waiting at your stop 5 minutes early. This does NOT mean inside your house.
- If you need to cross the street, wait for traffic to stop. The school bus driver will motion to you when it is safe to pass in front of the bus to load or unload.
- Do not bring any unauthorized items on the bus, such as weapons, tobacco, combustibles, firecrackers, pets, large items, etc.
- Be nice and courteous to everyone. You should not use profanity or fight with anyone on the bus. These offensives are subject to suspension from riding the bus.
- Do not distract or bother the driver through loud talking or misbehavior.
- Keep the bus clean. NO FOOD OR DRINKS should be consumed on the bus.
- Keep your hands and head inside of the bus. You can be seriously injured if you put your hands or head outside of the bus.
- Do not throw anything, anywhere or make faces or signs at cars behind or to the side of the bus.
- Stay in your seat. The bus driver may assign seats.
- Emergency door/windows may only be opened in case of an emergency.
- Bus drivers are not responsible for articles left on the bus.
- Graffiti or damage to the bus interior will result in a student paying for the damage.
- Use or possession of gang graffiti, gang drawings, gang writings, gang dress, or gang activity of any kind may result in EXPLUSION from school.
ALL VIOLATIONS WILL BE REPORTED TO YOUR SCHOOL PRINCIPAL. PUNISHMENT MAY INCLUDE SUSPENSION FROM RIDING THE BUS TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY. SCHOOL PRINCIPALS WILL DETERMINE ALL PUNISHMENTS.
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR # 1 CONCERN